Guide for installing PlexEmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matttheew

Dabbler
I realize that this thread is long old and dead, but I am having trouble pointing the script to my Plex database. I have triple checked that everything is mounted, the config is pointing to the right place. I even deleted this new jail and started over.

My plex jail was created by the plugin, so I am pointing my plex_data_folder to '/mnt/NAS-pool/jails/plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server' but I seem to get the error '
/mnt/NAS-pool/jails/plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db does not exist. Please make sure the plex_data_folder value is correct.

Any ideas?? Thanks!

ajlanga

Cadet
Under your PlexEmail jail, create a storage. Use the plex_data_folder link you mentioned, but remove the end 'Plex Media Server'.

i.e. '/mnt/NAS-pool/jails/plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata'

This should be your 'source' for the jail storage. In the destination make it '/plexms'

Then in the /PlexEmail/scripts/config.conf you can make your plex_data_folder = '/plexms'

These links work for mine. Hope that helps!

matttheew

Dabbler
Under your PlexEmail jail, create a storage. Use the plex_data_folder link you mentioned, but remove the end 'Plex Media Server'.

i.e. '/mnt/NAS-pool/jails/plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata'

This should be your 'source' for the jail storage. In the destination make it '/plexms'

Then in the /PlexEmail/scripts/config.conf you can make your plex_data_folder = '/plexms'

These links work for mine. Hope that helps!

Wow wow thanks for the reply! Those changes made an email appear in my inbox :)

Thank you so much. The email picked up a new title I added earlier tonight. So happy this worked! Only thing was that the pictures did not load in the email, and when pointing my webbrowser to my 192..../plexemail, the site refuses to connect. Nothing seems to happen with the view online link in the email as well.. Any thoughts?

ajlanga

Cadet
For the pictures I use cloudinary.com which is free to use. Just create an account and update your config.conf file with the settings from cloudinary.

As for the web version of it I've never gotten that to work. In fact, on my system I found that with every server restart my PlexEmail jail was breaking because of the apache install, so I just set up a jail with PlexEmail but did not install the apache portion. Now with my server restarts my PlexEmail jail continues to work without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.