SOLVED GUI SSL Certificate problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerh

Guru
This is a new install of 9.3 Beta (on SSD) using the same hardware and pool as a working 9.2.1.8 installation, in which HTTPS access to the GUI worked normally. As soon as I installed 9.3 I uploaded the 9.2.1.8 config file, which seemed to work without incident. I immediately got two alerts, one about the new ZFS features and one about the SSL certificate not being valid. In fact I don't know if they were both present before the config file was installed. I presumed the certificate was not transferred with the config file, but preference for HTTPS was. I used the GUI to make a new local CA certificate, and then an SSL certificate and pointed the HTTPS GUI service to the certificate, through the GUI. I have tried various settings in the System/General menu and even with HTTPS selected the FreeNAS webserver is not listening on 443 and I can still access it without SSL on 80. The alert still says that the SSL certificate is not valid. I also tried making and using a local intermediate certificate: is this necessary?

I have intermittently updated the OS and am now on the version dated 22/11/14 06.15 GMT, with no change in this problem.

Any suggestions for further debugging? This problem is not a great concern to me at the moment, just interesting.

rogerh

Guru
And apparently completely resolved, including redirection from port 80, by todays update!

That's impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.