Greetings from Sydney Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulj666

Cadet
Hi everyone,
Just joined the FreeNAS clan by installing FreeNAS V11 a couple of days ago.
I'm using a HP Microserver 1610T with 8Gb Ram and 2 WD Red 3T Hard Drives.
FreeNas is running on 16Gb Flash drive attached to motherboard. I intend to add another 2 WD Red 3T Drives when money is available.
Was a HP Unix systems administrator before I retired 13 years ago.
Funny how you quickly forget things and I now am struggling to remember how I used to do things on the CLI.
Anyway, after a few hickups trying to get things going again I now seem to be seeing the light at the end of the road and my installation seems to be going ok.
One problem I have though is with the plugin Resilio. When I start the server I am prompted for a username and password and no matter what I input I can't get any further.
The dataset that is connected to the resilio jail has owner btsync and group btsync, The group id is 817, and I setup a password on the add user page.
Can anyone tell me if I need to do something else please? as I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be.
I have googled the net looking for a solution but haven't found any answer yet.
Thanks

paulj666

Cadet
Sorry Everyone a search of the forum has come up with a solution.
I had to remove settings.dat and settings.dat.old from /var/db/resilio
and it is now working .
Guess I should have been more patient but it is 2am and I've been at it for awhile.
:)

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Welcome to the forums!

Glad you were able to find a solution.

Stux

MVP

gpsguy

Welcome to the forums!

While the CLI is available, resist the temptation to use for things that can be done in the webGUI. FreeNAS is intended to be used as an appliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.