Greetings from CJ and TheDarrenS

TheDarrenS

Cadet
Hi Folks,
We would like to say hello from Scotland.

Why we are here, Well We were donated some hardware and as you see below.

Basically here is what we are trying to do.

We are starting up a small CIC business here in Scotland. CIC is a community interest company.
It is an odd version of a charity. What we are going to try to achieve is we are taking CJ's rescue information hub https://www.facebook.com/mfharh/ to a broader audience and we are also going to be helping as many rescues here in Scotland as possible that can not afford a webpage or hosting giving them a free place to have a small page.

The second part of the business CJ and I are both disabled and as we are stuck at home most of the time we want to use the internet to help others so we review things, and talk about things that might help others disabled or able-bodied.

So, we found that FreeNAS might just be the way to go for us hopefully. If anyone has any suggestions or can point us in the general direction on setting this all up with FreeNAS please feel free to let us know.

CJ and Darren.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
CJ & Darren,

Welcome to the forums! I didn't see your HW list, but if you have specific questions about builds / configurations, feel free to post it here anytime.

TheDarrenS

Cadet
CJ & Darren,

Welcome to the forums! I didn't see your HW list, but if you have specific questions about builds / configurations, feel free to post it here anytime.

I did not think the hello section was a good place to post hardware related. Hence the missing hardware.

TheDarrenS

Cadet
CJ & Darren,

The hardware that we were donated is:
HP ProLiant DL385 G6 x2
Cisco Catalyst 4948 - 10GE Switch 48 port 10Gigabit
Cisco Catalyst 2970 series 24 port switch x2
Cisco 1700 series router, 1760
It is all old stuff and that is fine, it was really nice of people to do it. :) I know one thing those HP servers are really heavy. And at 52 I do not have the strength I used too.

D.