Getting involved with FreeNAS.. FINALLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyquist

Dabbler
Hi FreeNAS Community!

I've been working (just working, not in charge) with TSM, OpenFiler and some propietary Dell's NAS solutions during the past 7 years, and never had a chance to put my hands over a FreeNAS solution. I have many close friends who were working/playing on FreeNAS based solutions and I always heard good things about it. As you can imagine, I'm pretty excited to get my own FreeNAS box up and serving!

That's not all... on top of that, I'm starting my own project related to web solutions and I decided to rely on this fantastic solution (and community) to manage the storage of my first business project.

A little about me, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina, love technology and computing oriented solutions of any kind. I love testing and building solutions, whether is to achieve goals/needs or learn something new.

I hope I get my admin community certificate level on FreeNAS! :)

Regards,
Nyquist

ProtoSD

MVP
Welcome Nyquist!

Great to have you here. If you haven't read some of the other introductions, it's a great place to find some of the other people here that have similar backgrounds and interests. Also, it would be helpful if you could update your profile to include your location. That is helpful when other people are trying to help you and there's a time difference (or language barrier).

If you haven't already, please read some of the "sticky" posts at the top of each section, as well as the FAQ and documentation. All of those will help answer most of your questions. FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD Unix (not Linux), so the FreeBSD forums are also a good place to find information about how things work behind the GUI. Here is a link to the documentation:

http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Main_Page

If you need any help with forum problems (editing, moving posts, etc.), please send me or one of the other moderators a PM (private message).

Cheers!

-- Proto

Status
Not open for further replies.