Garbled filenames with NFS share + Win10 client

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroNine

Dabbler
Hello,

I'm on FreeNAS-11.2-STABLE, sharing datasets via NFS. I follow the instructions, and "everything works": I can access the mounts via windows10 explorer, have permissions, etc. The only real issue I have is with character encoding.

Some of my files on the NAS have accents like ó õ è, etc. Via console-ssh on the NAS they display correctly, FTP is not a problem, but I would like to manipulate these through Windows (copy/cut/paste/rename) to better organize stuff, but I'm apprehensive about doing so because of this. Files appear garbled like in this example: "Téstã" = "hósjè" via the win10 NFS client.

I think this is a win client issue, when I create the opposite via windows, it's garbled on the NAS, but I can't find a solution for it. Can anyone help out or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

ZeroNine

Dabbler
Did you make any progress with this?

Hi,
I really didn't. My time was/is limited so I ended up surrendering to the situation and I'm in the processes of "correcting" the "anomalies" via windows by renaming everything I find and need to use.

I assume it's related to the windows client. From what I read there's something about the charset that needs changing but I couldnt figure out what. The fact that there isn't a lot of documentation for the win NFS client doesn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.