FTP problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

trry

Dabbler
Hello,
A little background, I installed version 8 on a separate USB drive and just imported my drives from my 7. The transition was not ideal so many issues but the FTP issue made me attach my version 7 back into my machine.

So I mimic-ed my FreeNAS 7 setup to my FreeNAS 8 ftp but the FTP options on 8 seems limited such as passive ports. I even followed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSEL0NiYCdQ and the only difference was I had HDD as UFS not ZFS. No one can connect to it...

Advise or need more information?

ProtoSD

MVP
I took a look at the video. One thing I think they forgot to mention was that many internet providers block common ports like port 21 for ftp. You can use another port like 32121, anything above 1024 & below 65000, and then have your router map that port back to port 21 on your local network. Chances are this is what your problem is.

So the url from outside your local network would look like:

ftp://your-ip:32121/

I posted a comment to that video mentioning this.

trry

Dabbler
I am using port 2000 for both version 7 and 8. It just that 8 does not allow FTP users to log in. Could it be the issue that ZFS and UFS since that is the only step I did not follow.

ProtoSD

MVP
I didn't watch the whole video, but ZFS/UFS shouldn't make a difference. Did you try just allowing anonymous ftp to test and see if it's a user setting or another ftp setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.