ftp and windows share user setup on freenas 8 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

siparker

Cadet
hi. i have been struggling for a couple of days so thought id ask for some help

I have setup freenas and have the ftp server running. i have also setup dyndns and that is working fine so when i access the ftp remotely i can login with my user and see the file structure.

now the problems start

first off i cannot make any changes to the folders. if i just try to create a directory it says permission denied

i have tried changing the permissions on the ftp service setup to be read and write for everyone group and other as well and it will not work.

the user is a member of the ftp group.

My next issue is that when i set the member up it asks for a home directory. i dont think i understand what this is as when i set it to be /mnt/folder1 for example and i login to ftp i am always logged in as root. never into the subdirectory i specify here.

finally i have the same issue with the windows share. i can access it and setup as a mapped network drive but when i try to make any changes it says no permission

i think i am just not setting the users up correctly but would appreciate any help.

thanks

siparker

Cadet
anyone please?

even if you can just direct me to more reading material which explains it that is fine.

sjieke

Contributor
You need to make sure your user has write permissions on the folders in your pool.
If you go to the storage tab in the WEBUI you can set permissions for each volume and dataset.

Status
Not open for further replies.