SOLVED fresh plex install onto old(ish) jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

foefyre

Dabbler
Due to unfornate circumstances i had to roll back my server to before i had created my plex server. I have installed plex again and have pointed it to the old jail but its acting as a different and unsetup server. Is there a way for me to import the old settings to the new? I would very much like to keep things the way they were as it was working great.

Artion

Patron
Hi, have you 'rolled back' by selecting an earlier boot environment? What versions of FN are you using?

danb35

Hall of Famer
In what way did you "roll back" your server? Because your jails are on your pool, so shouldn't have been affected by your "roll back".

foefyre

Dabbler
My jails weren't affected its that 11 was giving me a lot of AHCI timeout errors and would drop hard drives that are testing good in smart. So I rolled back to my 9.10 boot volume (environment?) and I havent had any issues at all. My old plex jail is there but it was created after this boot volume so i dont know how to change the setting so that my new install of plex is using my old settings. I have set it to my old jail but its not picking up from there. I just dont know how to get it working from here.

Last edited:

foefyre

Dabbler
Okay after WAAAY too much digging and almost a month of downtime Ive figured out how to solve my issue. As it turns out freenas was pointing to the wrong jail to use as default and thats why I couldnt connect to it and why it was using the wrong jail. Once I fixed that plex wouldnt connect to the current jail, it would only create another one. I fixed that by going to http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/ and downloading the plugin directly and using the upload plugin button to fix it. Now I finally have all my movies and server settings back to their original setup!!!

Artion

Patron
Hi, thanks for posting you findings. Can this post be considered solved? If so, please update this thread marking it as Solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.