Fresh install. Does this affect my plugins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmacka88

Patron
Hey,

I think I need to do a clean install and am wondering if my plugins will show up as normal when I do so without importing my previous settings. I think I need to start from scratch with my settings but want to make sure my plugins will work that way?

Thanks

D

dlavigne

As long as you don't change your volumes you should be fine as the installed software and their configs are not stored in the freenas config database. You will probably have to go into Jails Configuration after the new install and point it to your jails dataset.

tmacka88

Patron
hey,

i just did a clean install then and pointed my jails to the location of them and my installed plugins are still not showing up. The plugin jails do show up and the work but the installed plugins are not showing up under Plugins > Installed.

Any ideas how to get them to show up without uninstalling and reinstalling?

I tried to install a new plugin to see if my other show up but only my new plugin shows up under installed.

Any ideas?

cheers

tmacka88

Patron
Were you able to find a solution to this?

Hey,

No I did not. Currently, I have some plugins not visible and some are. All work fine, but I cant delete or update from GUI same as before.

I was thinking of submitting a support ticket. Not sure if any others have had this problem.

I am running 9.2.1.7 Release now.

Last edited:

diedrichg

Wizard
In your jails configuration tab, do you have the proper (updated) repository address? Sorry, I can't think of it off the top of my head.

tmacka88

Patron
yep. it's pointing to the correct location.

Status
Not open for further replies.