FreNAS 11.2-U3 Available

hervon

Patron
Got it through regular update from GUI. Update completed in less than 7 mins. No real issue so far for me : SMB, jails (minidlna, transmision, urbackup), Cloud Sync Tasks (google drive) work fine.

P.S. I had to update my MiniDLNA jail (iocage update MiniDLNA) to make it work. Might an issue on my side.

Edit : Forgot an important thing : Big thanks to the team behind this awesome tool!

What's new : (https://ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2/intro.html#u3)
  • ZeroTier has been updated to 1.2.12.
  • The Confirm Password field has been removed from System ‣ Email.
  • A  (Refresh) button has been added to System ‣ Update.
  • The Multipaths page has been added to Storage. This page only appears when compatible hardware is detected.
  • The chosen snapshot name and creation date has been added to the rollback warning dialog in Storage ‣ Snapshots ‣  (Options) ‣ Rollback.
  • The Pool column has been removed from Storage ‣ Disks.
  • Setting Enable AD Monitoring in Directory Services ‣ Active Directory now prevents modifying Services ‣ Domain Controller.
  • The shadow_copy_zfs VFS object has replaced the shadow_copy_test object in Sharing ‣ Windows (SMB) Shares ‣ ADD ‣ ADVANCED MODE.
  • The Host field has been added to Services ‣ TFTP.
  • Jails displays a DHCP prefix before the IPv4 Address for DHCP-enabled Plugins and Jails.
  • CPU Temperature graphs have been added to Reporting ‣ CPU.
  • Activity graphs have been updated to report Megabytes/s in Reporting ‣ Network.
  • Restart has been added to the  (Options) menu for a running VM in Virtual Machines.
  • The State column of Virtual Machines has changed to a start/stop slider. Hover over the slider to view the current state.
  • The Autostart column has been added to Virtual Machines.
  • The Raw filename password field has been added to Docker Host Storage File options in Virtual Machines ‣ ADD.
  • The Bind drop-down menu has been added to Virtual Machines ‣ ADD and to Virtual Machines ‣ Devices ‣ VNC ‣ Edit.

Last edited:

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Mr. Slumber

Contributor
Thanks to everybody involved! :) I'm really curious on this release and how it will work out.

hoserama

Dabbler
upgraded my system today. A windows 2k16 and Ubuntu VM, Plex, Samba share all look good thus far...

BrutalGoerge

Cadet
Thank you for all you do, devs! Update downloaded and installed fast, booted up fine, seeing no issues, noticed more responsive stats/graph tiles on home page, jails (plex and ovpn) running fine. so far so good!

artlessknave

Wizard
The Pool column has been removed from Storage ‣ Disks.

wait, what? why?
there are a ton of useless columns there, but let's remove the one that tells you what pool your disks actually belong too?

joebad1

Explorer
Updated from 11.2-U2.1 without a hitch . . .
Transmission, Sonarr, CouchPotato, Plex all running fine in new plug-ins.
Legacy OwnCloud and SABnzbd working fine.

Well done team!

Nasb Klamb

Dabbler
Upgrading from 11.2-U2.1 to U3 hosed my jails. I tried upgrading by the GUI and then by installing from the iso file. Both times, it hosed my jail mountpoints. Reverting back to U2.1 works.

The mountpoints were corrupted; the GUI editor shows that the complete fstab entry is stuffed into the source fields, and the destination fields are empty.

Also, the U3 boot environments are wonky and can't be deleted. The one created by the GUI update shows its size is 6.1G, but it should be more like 755M. The boot environment that the iso upgrade created, "default-20190330-141047" is a reasonable size, but also cannot be deleted.

EDIT: I created issue 84243

freenas-boot.jpg

Last edited:

ThreeDee

Guru
Update went just fine .. only thing is in when I first log into the gui .. I can't select any jails or installed plug-ins until I hit refresh .. then I can access them in the drop down menu .. not a big deal but kinda weird . Plex, Tautulli, and UniFi controller all are still working just fine though.

rogerh

Guru
There doesn't seem to be a manual upgrade file, do we have to use the .iso or something?

artlessknave

Wizard
There doesn't seem to be a manual upgrade file, do we have to use the .iso or something?
pretty sure it is intended to automatically update...with the update subsystem, or manually with ISO, both of which make the old manual upgrade tar file obsolete.

rogerh

Guru
pretty sure it is intended to automatically update...with the update subsystem, or manually with ISO, both of which make the old manual upgrade tar file obsolete.
There was a manual update file with 11.2-u2.1, so this must be a pretty recent change. I don't thing the .iso can be used for manual update.

artlessknave

Wizard
hmm. could be. I think i used manual update once since they added auto update in like 9.0 or whatever...and it boned my install so I don't bother.

artlessknave

Wizard
I don't thing the .iso can be used for manual update.
the ISO is literally a manual update. you reboot and either install or update. it isnt the same as the gui manual update, but I don't think that was every really considered a good method.
this, however, looks a ton like the manual update file, soooo....
FreeNAS-11.2-U3.debug.txz

hervon

Patron
Update went just fine .. only thing is in when I first log into the gui .. I can't select any jails or installed plug-ins until I hit refresh .. then I can access them in the drop down menu .. not a big deal but kinda weird . Plex, Tautulli, and UniFi controller all are still working just fine though.

You need to clear the browser's cache.

ThreeDee

Guru
You need to clear the browser's cache.
:rolleyes:
I'm rolling my eyes at myself, lol .. that was one of those "duh' things .. thanks :cool:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
There's a bit of CDN weirdness going on, as iX is migrating. Check back tomorrow.