FreeNASS 11.3 to TruNAS Rsync Push Not Working

Wozza J

Dabbler
Hi guys.

I have just put TrueNAS 12.0-U2.1 on as a fresh install (my own box with a few spare drives in it), configured the Groups and Users and then the datasets, SMB Shares, ACL's and so on. Once I had the structure in place I created Rsync Tasks and Modules which I have done countless times without issues to allow FreeNas to Push to, but for some reason I cannot get FreeNAS-11.3-U5 to Push to TrueNAS, but TrueNAS to Pull from FreeNAS has no issues.

Is this a known issue as I have had a quick scan through and didn't see any reference to it?

Thanks,
Woz.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I have just put TrueNAS 12.0-U2.1 on as a fresh install
Why wouldn't you use U4?

I have done countless times without issues to allow FreeNas to Push to, but for some reason I cannot get FreeNAS-11.3-U5 to Push to TrueNAS, but TrueNAS to Pull from FreeNAS has no issues.
I'm pretty sure for both replication and Rsync, the binaries live in a different place on TrueNAS and FreeNAS doesn't know about it, which makes the jobs fail, so you need to get TrueNAS to do the work (or just upgrade FreeNAS to TrueNAS to have it on both sides, then you can do whichever direction from whatever side you want.

Wozza J

Dabbler
My aim is to have both NAS' running TrueNAS, but you have to start somewhere right? My plan was to get TrueNas running on one NAS first, backup the data on the FreeNAS box to it, then do the upgrade. This way reduces the risk of losing data if something should go south

I merely wanted to know if it was a known issue so Pull it is then.

Cheers.

sretalla