FreeNAS won't download Transmission Plugin?

Demo85

Cadet
Up front i want to say i'm in way over my head on this stuff but i did have Transmission running on my old FreeNAS box, trying to get it going on my new one and i'm stumped at the first step. I'm trying to install the Transmission plugin and I get this error "[EFAULT] Exception: URLError:< urlopen error [Errno 51] Network is unreachable > occured, destroyed transmission". I have no clue how to progress, any help?

Demo85

Cadet
Try setting VNET to auto. Refer to Known Impacts at https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/library/freenas-11-2-u2/

Thanks, i got the plugin to install. Now i'm just trying to figure out how to set it up. I know I have to make a pool that only the jail can see to download the torrent to but I don't know how to do that since all my current drives are set to the main storage pool and I don't want to add more hard drives plus I know I had it working before without having a drive dedicated to the jail.

Demo85

Cadet

I just read that link, it tells me what the UI says "
  • Source: is the directory or dataset on the FreeNAS® system which will be accessed by the jail. FreeNAS® creates the directory if it does not exist. This directory must reside outside of the pool or dataset being used by the jail. This is why it is recommended to create a separate dataset to store jails, so the dataset holding the jails is always separate from any datasets used for storage on the FreeNAS® system."
I don't know how to make a data set that only the jail can get too. Though I must have clicked something because I just tested a torrent file and it downloaded it, I can get to it with my SMB share but it stores it in a crazy place, "Y:\iocage\jails\transmission\root\usr\local\etc\transmission\home\Downloads" If I can just get this to move the files too "Y:\torrent" i'd be happy but some how I don't think I should be able to get to the jail file from mt SMB share?

Last edited: