FreeNAS with Rancher - losing the Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikozo6

Patron
hello
i have my FreeNAS and a VM with Rancher. i did also add a Host and also Plex. Plex is working fine.
my Problem, in the Rancher GUI there is the Infrasturcture but not Host and all Stacks have error of course. But still Docker-Plex is working.
After a couple of reboots of my VM or NAS sometimes the Host is back again.
But why is this happen?
have a nice day
vinc

D

dlavigne

What are the exact errors? Anything in /var/log/messages when the error occurs?

Yusuf Limalia

Patron
hello
i have my FreeNAS and a VM with Rancher. i did also add a Host and also Plex. Plex is working fine.
my Problem, in the Rancher GUI there is the Infrasturcture but not Host and all Stacks have error of course. But still Docker-Plex is working.
After a couple of reboots of my VM or NAS sometimes the Host is back again.
But why is this happen?
have a nice day
vinc
check that rancher/agent is running when you don't see your host by running:

Code:
docker ps -a

indivision

Guru
I'm seeing similar issues.

I set up rancher, add a host, configure account access with github, etc. Then, at some random point it stops loading. Router says that there is still something running on that IP. But, connection refused when trying to access it.

Then, after reboot, it loads again. But, the host isn't there and the account access config is gone as if it has loaded for the first time.

Is this just expected behavior with how rancher has been implemented in 11.1?

KrisBee

Wizard
Haven't seen this nasty yet, but then I've only run/tested rancher for short periods. I'd be interested to know if using one DockerVM for the rancher server and a second DockerVM as a rancher host cure's this problem. Of course, that's even heavier on resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.