Freenas to windows server 2019

BrutalRage

Explorer
Hiya,
So what I want to do is go from Freenas to windows server 2019.
Now the problem is that I dont want to loose my data.
I got 12 disk 6x6tb and 6x8tb. I managed to put all my data on the 6x8 tb.
I think if i use raid 0 I can put my data all on the 6x6 tb.
As far as I know the freenas pools wont be reconized by windows.
Is there a pool that will be reconized by both? So that I can create a new pool kopie my data to that is working on both and then I format the other pool?
I already checked for online backup it cost about 1200 euro a month :S.

For why cause I think windows server is a bit more Noob friendly. (me noob)
And it uses alot less memory.

Also with the 2nd latest freenas update I have alot of problem with Jails and stuff (media players setup)

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Well, there's an in-progress version of OpenZFS for Windows, but it's not exactly battle-tested at this point.

How about we go back to the root cause here; you say that Windows server is "easier" for you and "uses less memory."

For the former part, what parts of FreeNAS/ZFS are giving you difficulty in management or use? We can certainly help you out here.

For the latter part, ZFS uses memory for caching to improve performance. You can certainly run with the minimum, but your performance might not be as good as you hope. And a full Windows Server installation certainly isn't going to magically use less RAM to cache the same data. How much RAM is in your system and why is there a concern about memory use?

BrutalRage

Explorer
I got about 57gig of memory. The problem is with the jail. After a certain update it keeps nagging me about thinks I do not understand. Already reinstalled plex removed all jails and reinstalled. Set up evrything als it should but nothing.