FreeNAS to QNAP backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viggen73

Cadet
As I stated on my presentation i'm aiming at replacing a QNAP NAS by a FreeNas machine, the only issue is that I still want to use the QNAP as backup for the files on the FreeNas. I've managed to set-up a FreeNas to FreeNas round the hour snapshot backup, but since there's not much space in the Proliant Server which is actualy an SQL server I would wrather use the QNAP to backup. Is there a plugin of somekind that I can add to FreeNas to create that backup?

danb35

Hall of Famer

PhilipS

Contributor
QNAP devices should be able to handle rsync - they could back when I used them. The rsync tasks that danb35 is recommending is the way to go for this scenario.

danb35

Hall of Famer
As much I could understand it only works from FreeNas to FreeNas...?
Then you have much reading to do, young grasshopper.

Viggen73

Cadet
Thanks for all the replies and help. Untill now I've managed to backup to and external USB drive and I'm pretty sure I can do the same to my QNAP (option for rsync server was "hidden") it's a really crappy TS412U which had another issue I had to overcome: SMB version limited to 2.11... I gotta remind myself to send a really large "Thank You" mail to QNAP development team which left that crappy line of code in the smb.conf...
I'll be poping up from time to time for some info and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.