Freenas plugins have started acting strangely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
After accidental updating of transmission, btsync and plex plugins I have successfully rolled back everything. But now the plugins versions are not shown correctly in FreeNAS GUI. Is there any fix for this ?
freenas logged the version you last updated to. if freenas offers proper updates on the plugins > Installed tab you could run that which would store the current latest version.

Ixian

Patron
I suspect if the mirrors are still messed up/out of date (which appears to be the case) then the versions won't show correctly either; mine doesn't for Emby, because the version I rolled back to isn't in the plugin repo now.

It's all working so I'm just ignoring things for now.

wisebear

Cadet
freenas logged the version you last updated to. if freenas offers proper updates on the plugins > Installed tab you could run that which would store the current latest version.
FreeNAS offers proper updates but the update processes fail...i get errors saying ''There was a problem creating the PBI''. It seems like my jails are broken but the services are all working...I thought plugins feature are more reliable in FreeNAS and haven't paid enough attention before ''updating''.

Do you have any idea how to fix all this mess. For example, my actual btsync version is now 2.1.3, freenas thinks my version is 1.4.83 and version 2.2.1 is listed as available but update fails.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
FreeNAS offers proper updates but the update process fails...i get an error: There was a problem creating the PBI. It seems like my jails are broken although the services are all working...I thought plugins feature are more reliable in FreeNAS and haven't paid enough attention before ''updating''.

Do you have any idea how to fix all this mess. For example, my actual btsync version is now 2.1.3, freenas thinks my version is 1.4.83 and version 2.2.1 is listed as available but update fails.
not sure why it's failing but thus would be my suggestion
* install second instance of btsync
* copy over /var/db/btsync

Status
Not open for further replies.