SOLVED FreeNAS on Lenovo ThinkCentre M91

Herr_Merlin

Patron
If you are fine running non ECC memory.. probably it would boot..

Should I expect to be able to install FreeNAS on Lenovo ThinkCentre M91 if I install at least 8GB of ram?
I'm curious, what do you plan to do with the machine? Is this something you already own? I bet it'd install though but doesn't have a lot of room to grow.

balanga

Patron
I'm curious, what do you plan to do with the machine? Is this something you already own? I bet it'd install though but doesn't have a lot of room to grow.

I've been running FreeNAS for a few years on a ThinkCentre 93 Tiny with a 2TB disk. It's only a home system but the 91 is a lot bigger and will fit 3.5 inch disks. I've also learned quite a bit about FreeNAS so would want to configure it differently. Just can't get FreeNAS installed for some reason. The system is able to use a PCI card so I'm hoping to install a DVB-S2 tuner card and use the system as a satellite receiver and media centre. Not sure how easy that would be though.

Looks like if you took the optical drives (the spec sheet says it has 2 but the link you shared shows 1?) out you can get a max of 4 disks in there?

balanga

Patron
Looks like if you took the optical drives (the spec sheet says it has 2 but the link you shared shows 1?) out you can get a max of 4 disks in there?

The problem is I've been unable to Install FreeSD on it... Maybe I need to change something in the BIOS but have no idea what to look for...