FreeNAS Motherboard Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchan94

Explorer
hi,

I'm looking to buy this motherboard - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HIDQG6E/?tag=ozlp-20

I want to run this config via hard drives for it:
7x WD Red 4TB in Raidz2 with 1 Drive in Hotswap.

Will the marvel controller cause issues with this configuration?

Also, is it possible for me to stream 4K media? I just want to know for "future proofing".

Thanks for any assistance.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Don't use the marvel controllers they will cause problems. And 4k streaming is on a whole different level so I wouldn't worry about it. For that I would look into 10Gb networking and some heavy duty hardware.

jchan94

Explorer
Don't use the marvel controllers they will cause problems. And 4k streaming is on a whole different level so I wouldn't worry about it. For that I would look into 10Gb networking and some heavy duty hardware.
Thanks for the response! I appreciate it. Yeah, I'll stay away from Marvel controllers.

Aside from that, lets say that I do have a 10GB network card, would I be able to process 4K with the atom chip anyways?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Possibly. Uncharted waters, usual disclaimers apply. Atom C2750 is the bare minimum I believe might be able to handle 4k.

jchan94

Explorer
Possibly. Uncharted waters, usual disclaimers apply. Atom C2750 is the bare minimum I believe might be able to handle 4k.
went with a xeon board instead ~ thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.