FreeNAS Mini hardware failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

pernils

Explorer
I can't stand this any longer...
Jesus what piece of crap this is. This junk have caused me so much trouble that nothing to this date in my life can compare to it.
What failure this is.

Twice I have been bitten by Asrock nand bug. That ain't fun when you have 100 employee depending on this service. Twice I have to arrange with other hardware just to be able to share the files from the disks.
And what now .. 1 year later after new firmware and version and what not ... the shitty mini once again break down.
I hook up a monitor and it will not post. The fans spin up and lit the leds (power and network) but it won't post.

Good heaven the most important data is transferred to another not freenas based server.

Freenas mini "set and forget" sure ... nothing more can be less truth.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Instead of complaining, which gets you exactly nowhere, contact iXsystems support so that they can replace the motherboard. Literally every C2000 system built before 2017 will fail after a handful of years in service. If you must blame someone, blame Intel.

pernils

Explorer
I have tried to not complain in the past but this time it took me over the line.

3 breakdowns over 3 years its way more then other hardware I have encounter ever. On top of this you have the crippled folder browse that nobody warns you about if you don't dig into forums.

I already have done 2 RMA already. One throw swedish supplier and one throw Ixsystem. By the way the returned RMA from IX was crusty one. Seems to have some saltwater corrosion and was added with hand solder passives on bottom side. It is also slightly bend.
It remind me of my purchase of a low budget USB -> Serial board from Shenzhen market. But that board was just a bit over 1$.

Status
Not open for further replies.