FreeNAS local user problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAST

Cadet
Hello.

New to FreeNAS as of end of last week.

My setup is: FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-p2-x64 (r12686+b770da6_dirty)
Windows Active Directory network

I have knocked up a FreeNAS server for storage for our office - its in trial stage at the mo before i splash some cash on it to build a proper one.

I have it joined to our Windows Active Directory domain and have created some test shares which are accessed fine and everything ok.

Now im trying to get it backed up - We use Symantec Backup Exec 2010.

I get the error:

(Server: "server") (Job: "FreeNas Test") FreeNas Test -- The job failed with the following error: The logon account that was provided does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct, and then try again.

Whenever i try to run a job.

Symantec support have suggested this:

Hi,

Add your BESA onto the NAS as a local admin explicitly and try again.

Thanks!

So they want me to add domain\backupexec user as a local user called backupexec on FreeNAS.

However i cannot do this...... I have created a Group called Backup, but when i create a new user it says its created but it vanishes and never appears.
I cant choose it as a member for the Backup group and dont see it when i View Users.

So my quick qu in my FreeNAS learning curve is how do i create this backupexec local user to be a local admin please?

I can confirm that the backup exec domain user account has full control permissions on all the shares, and is also a member of the domain admins group!

If i have missed any info please ask.

Many TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.