SOLVED FreeNAS is not creating bridge interface

sotiris.bos

Explorer
Hello everyone, I am having some problems. Running 11.2-Stable.

I have a FreeNAS box with 4 Gigabit Interfaces and numerous jails.

I have 2 VLANs + 1 LAN on my network. All with different subnets. I need some jails to be accessible through two or more VLANs, as well as from the LAN.

All jails are currently accessible from the LAN.

I have tried adding VLAN software interfaces in FreeNAS itself in the past and they are currently not working properly. So, I got a new managed switch and I have set each FreeNAS physical NIC to each LAN/VLAN. i.e. bce0=LAN (DHCP), bce1=VLAN100 (Static), bce2=VLAN200 (Static). These are untagged VLANs coming from the switch so no FreeNAS VLAN muckery. So far so good.

I have enabled all 3 interfaces and their IPs and the UI is accessible from all of them.

Here is my problem: I have added two extra system tunables as per the screenshot. Bridge0 comes up fine but bridge1 and bridge2 are not being created. When I try starting a jail with vnet0:bridge1 or vnet0:bridge2 as its interface, the bridge is created but only the vnet interface is added, not the physical bce1 or bce2 interfaces.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: SOLVED. I had to add another rc tunable: cloned_interfaces bridge0 bridge1 bridge2
I don't know why this is needed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-06 FreeNAS .png
    Screenshot_2019-03-06 FreeNAS .png
    10 KB · Views: 932
Last edited:
Reactions: keo