FreeNAS Forums Change-log

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
I'm waiting on a response from our IT department. I just tried again and it's still broken. :(. I'll keep you all posted.

gpsguy

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Me too, and I've noticed that the status emails come from "World Wide Web Owner <www@forums.freenas.org>" instead of "FreeNAS Project <webmaster@freenas.org>".

Any chance of at least changing the World Wide Web Owner back to FreeNAS Project (or something less generic)?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
And what happened to showing pasted images inline, instead of as a link? Anyway to change that?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
And what happened to showing pasted images inline, instead of as a link? Anyway to change that?
Are you saying that you need to explicitly click "attach full image" or whatever the button is to paste the image inline?

Last edited:

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Are you saying that you need to explicitly click "attach full image" or whatever the button is to paste them image inline?
No, I mean that I can paste an image into a reply, but then once I post it, it shows up as a link, instead of an image in the post.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Older images seem to be displaying fine.

joeschmuck

Old Man
What is going on with the "World Wide Web" thing? I hate this change! It should be returned to FreeNAS Project. To me this now looks like SPAM. I also didn't see an announcement that this was going to change. Hopefully this was a accidental change.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
I've alerted IT. What did it say before when it would ping you? I've been in transit to California all day and haven't been able to follow up.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

joeschmuck

Old Man
Use to say "FreeNAS Project".

Enjoy your trip!

gpsguy

This morning when I viewed the forum via Tapatalk, I was greeted with a message that said "Tapatalk add-on file 'addon-Tapatalk.xml' was not imported. It may affect some app features in this forum. Please inform the forum admin to complete this installation".

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
This morning when I viewed the forum via Tapatalk, I was greeted with a message that said "Tapatalk add-on file 'addon-Tapatalk.xml' was not imported. It may affect some app features in this forum. Please inform the forum admin to complete this installation".
I'm not able to duplicate this behavior in the tapatalk app. Can anyone else verify this behavior as well? are you 100% up to date? Are there any particular steps you think I can do to duplicate this on tapatalk?

gpsguy

Yes, I'm up to date on both Tapatalk 6.3.1 and iOS 10.1.1 (iPhone 6s). The message appeared out of the blue this morning when I opened the Tapatalk app. After selecting OK (only choice), the message no longer appears. The application looks okay, but I wanted to report it in case it showed up for other users.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That is... sadly not too surprising. People have become desensitized to this kind of behavior and far too often the old excuse of "Oops, it was an accident" [that we didn't hide it better, we'll be sure to obfuscate it further in the future] is taken at face value, with no action being taken.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Maybe now is a good time to consider not supporting Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.