FreeNAS Forums Change-log

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
The trophy cache needed to be rebuilt since the goal was already achieved by some. I already see a few profiles that have updated. Give it about 15 minutes and it should complete for everyone.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I see we have a quick edit function now as well. Awesome, you can edit posts without a complete page reload.

m0nkey_

MVP
8/30/16 - Register / login with Facebook - New users can sign up via facebook. Users can also associate a pre-existing forum account if they wish.
Might as well add Google while you're at it, even Twitter and Reddit too.

gpsguy

Thanks for adding the Google translate feature. In the past, I'd copy the URL and paste it in Google translate manually.

One thing I noticed is that if I look at the French forum, I can't select English from the list. But, if I select something else like Spanish and wait for it to translate, I can then pick English.

I tried both Firefox and IE 11, with the same results.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Something's happened to the "code" blocks--they're now limited to less than the full width of the post's text area (which is itself too limited, due to a too-large right gutter). This means lots of side-to-side scrolling to read SMART data.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Something's happened to the "code" blocks--they're now limited to less than the full width of the post's text area (which is itself too limited, due to a too-large right gutter). This means lots of side-to-side scrolling to read SMART data.

We'll look into this and see what we can do!

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Changed an unexplainably wide right margin on those code blocks to be the same as the left.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Added: 11/3/16 - Tapatalk has been updated to version 3.14. There have been a number of security fixes that have been added in this version.

Can you all let me know if you run into any errors or issues?

Thanks!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Annnnnd...the new version of tapatalk is causing the forums to bug out when you post / delete. Yippee. Working to find a resolution. Tapatalk is disabled temporarily.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
The problem with tapatalk causing the forums to become unresponsive should now be fixed. Please let me know if you are using the forums in a normal web browser and you see unreasonably long delays when Thanking / Deleting a post / Making a post. Please also let us know if you experience any issues with the tapatalk app on your mobile device. Thank you!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Everything seems fine now, though there were slowdowns a few hours ago.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
So it wasn't allowing users to login because the API key was missing after the update. Once the API key is inserted it causes all kinds of random time outs. I'm on tapatalk's website right now and getting random timeouts just trying to access different settings :(. Gonna disable it at the moment and try again later. Sorry tapatalk users. We'll get it fixed as soon as their website is usable.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
ugh. Haven't been able to use the forums all day...
Sorry man! After some research I think I found the issue late last night. It looks like there's a connection breakdown between tapatalk's API and the Xenforo plugin. We should just need to whitelist a few sites. The old version of tapatalk didn't need this functionality it looks like. Bear with me just a little longer.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Please be advised: Starting immediately you may experience short delays and unresponsive behaviour while we troubleshoot at issue with tapatalk. These delays and unresponsiveness should not last long at all. If you experience a problem give it about 5 minutes and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.