FreeNAS Failing to Join New AD Server/Domain

roomwillow

Cadet
Error: `[MiddlewareError: Active Directory failed to reload.]'

I can confirm running ntpq -p that the server is synced to our local NTP server, the same NTP server our AD servers are clocked to.

Our domain configuration is a little different, so maybe there's an issue here; the domain is ad.contoso.com, but we've set an alternate UPN suffix to just contoso.com, the bind user UPN logon is set to ad.contoso.com, where actual end users all have UPN logons of contoso.com, the bind user is a member of groups: "Administrators", "Domain Admins", "Domain Users", "Enterprise Admins", "Group Policy Creator Owners", "Schema Admins", nothing seems to resolve this issue and I'm having a hard time finding anything that isn't NTP related that causes this issue, suggestions?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Error: `[MiddlewareError: Active Directory failed to reload.]'

I can confirm running ntpq -p that the server is synced to our local NTP server, the same NTP server our AD servers are clocked to.

Our domain configuration is a little different, so maybe there's an issue here; the domain is ad.contoso.com, but we've set an alternate UPN suffix to just contoso.com, the bind user UPN logon is set to ad.contoso.com, where actual end users all have UPN logons of contoso.com, the bind user is a member of groups: "Administrators", "Domain Admins", "Domain Users", "Enterprise Admins", "Group Policy Creator Owners", "Schema Admins", nothing seems to resolve this issue and I'm having a hard time finding anything that isn't NTP related that causes this issue, suggestions?
Can you PM me a debug please? "System->Advanced->Save Debug" (or /var/log/middlewared.log).

roomwillow

Cadet
Issue resolved, if anyone else comes across this I solved my issue by upgrading from the 11.2 train to 11.3