FreeNAS can't see physical disk on my MD1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

hafedh

Dabbler
Hello everyone,

I have FreeNAS 9.10 installed on physical server (DELL R310) attached with MD1000 through a SAS Cable.
When i open freenas web page, device manager, i cannot see any disks.
If i create a Software RAID and then open freeNAS web interface, i can see the RAID volume created precedently.
So i would like to ask you if it possible to use this hardware raid created directly as a single volume in freeNAS?

I have opened an SSH console on freenas server and i can see the disks with this command "camcontrol devlist" but it seems like i can't use these disks because i have for each disk (pass1) (pass2) and i d'ont have (pass1, ada***) like this link:
https://s0.cyberciti.org/uploads/faq/2008/02/devlist-options-freebsd-camcontrol.jpg

Can you help me please.
Thanks in advance.

GH

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Doubtful. It's also an ancient controller with significant limitations.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's a very good way to lose all your data.

rs225

Guru
OK thanks a lot
my last question, what's the risque to use a volume created with a Hardware RAID in FreeNAS ?

If you were to do such a thing, you would create a single disk array for each disk(ideally JBOD-mode if it supports that). Then you would see each one in FreeNAS, and create your pool from that.

But it really isn't recommended because you would have risks, and especially you lose a lot of disk monitoring capability.

hafedh

Dabbler
I have found the same solution (Create a RAID 0 for each disk and use it in FreeNAS).
I don't have any other solution right now.
Thanks for your help

Guiga

Status
Not open for further replies.