FreeNAS boots but can't browse or get to the web GUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eli.bamf

Cadet
Hey everyone, ran into kind of a snag here. I have been loving FreeNAS for the most part since I started with it a little over a month ago. Having a slight problem though.. I am running 8.0 Release and the system boots just fine doesn't come up with any errors but once the console is up I can't access the web GUI to make changes to settings and such and I also can't access any shares. Windows 7 just comes up and says the path cannot be found. I can ping the crap out of it all I want by host name and by IP but can't get the darn thing to connect and I am not sure where to go from here.

I ran into this problem because my friend was complaining of not being able to connect to the FreeNAS via VPN anymore so I thought it had something to do with my ClearOS router but apparently that is working just fine it seems there is some sort of problem with FreeNAS. Anyway, wasn't sure where to post an issue like this and I am somewhat of a noob to FreeNAS so I figured I would post here. Any help anyone can give me is as always greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.