FreeNas Aware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Okay, just noticed that somehow it shows that I am now "FreeNas Aware"...

Guessing that this is due to the number of comments/posts/messages. However, I would like to point out that this is in no way, shape or form the case. Last thing I want anyone doing is assuming that I know what I am really talking about.

Now I guess I am going to have to add a disclaimer to my signature or messages.... :confused:

<sarcasm> Thanks </sarcasm>

gpsguy

We used to be able to override that title.

If you want to change it now, you need to get a moderator to to change it for you.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Okay, just noticed that somehow it shows that I am now "FreeNas Aware"...

Guessing that this is due to the number of comments/posts/messages. However, I would like to point out that this is in no way, shape or form the case. Last thing I want anyone doing is assuming that I know what I am really talking about.

Now I guess I am going to have to add a disclaimer to my signature or messages.... :confused:

<sarcasm> Thanks </sarcasm>
Careful with what you wish for

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Yes this is an old thread, but as a comparison, the titles on that other forum:
Code:
User Title 	Minimum Posts 	
Neophyte            0 	
Junior Member       4 	
Member              25 	
Senior Member 	  250 	
Neophyte Sage 	  550 	
Dedicated Sage 	 1500 	
Wizened Sage 	   3500 	

It seems that here it is determined by trophy points, which I can only guess about (ie, unsure whether single point values for each or what). I am leaving off the point values, the title heirarchy here:
Code:
FreeNAS Aware
FreeNAS Experienced
FreeNAS Guru 
FreeNAS Expert 
FreeNAS Virtuoso 
FreeNAS Wizard

Personally, regardless of it being appropriate, I dislike 'newbie' and similar, so I chose Neophyte. Number of posts or thanks or some combination of the two may be a reasonable guage of title to knowledge but it may all be quite subjective. Removing an implied relationship between the title and expertise for some of the lower levels is perhaps a solution for the other forum site.
(BTW: top code box uses mixed spaces and tabs and was pasted/editied in basic editor.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.