Freenas and plex buffer issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

Cadet
So I have a pretty over kill freenas on a usb 3 thumb drive 16gig, AMD 8 core cpu, 16gigs of ram and 4 wd red 2tb drivers When I try to stream i get seems to me like buffer problems I am streaming wirelessly straight to my Samsung smart tv with the plex app installed.... I am using frontier wireless router the nas is wired but i was thinking it might be something to do with the router and was thinking about getting a ac router . I had another question about where the jails are being stored as well they are being stored the hard drives and not on the usb thumb drive with the os is that how it is suppose to be???? Also is there a swap file and is that my issue? I am pretty new to freenas so go easy on me. thanks for anyones help

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Honestly, as soon as I saw "wireless" I figured that's your problem.... wireless doesn't stream well.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I wouldn't make it top on my list of things to "fix", no. And I will tell you that if you had made a thread that instead had complained about poor server performance over wifi you'd have gotten an answer of "get rid of wifi, then we'll talk" because wifi is a very poor indication of your server's ability to perform at high speeds. And wifi is notorious for disconnecting/reconnecting and having very slow speeds.

As it is now, my wifi is actually my limiting factor when I surf the internet. And I have high grade hardware. Surely stuff you won't find in your everyday home.

Status
Not open for further replies.