FreeNAS 9.3 Encrypt explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

numerounosrl

Cadet
Hi, I installed FreeNAS 9.3.1 on VMWare Esxi 5.1 IBM Server XEON CPU

How the Encryption works? I tried to activete according the user manual but can't undersand why not asking the decryoption key after os reboot.

I created new volume and set encryption box enable, make the share and from windows client if i tri to reach \\freenas I can insert user and password and able to write data, my question is: is data encrypted?
how can i force the system to ask me my decrytpion key after any reboot?

Many Thanks.

danb35

Hall of Famer

numerounosrl

Cadet
Many thnks, now i fixed this issue.

I'm trying to create a new user who can access the shared encrypted volume from a windows client, But still can access only Root user, and i also would like to generate an email anytime the freenas grant an access to a user at any login, is it possibile?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'm not aware of any way for FreeNAS to generate emails when a user logs in. I'm sure it can be hacked in, but the base OS isn't intended to be modified, and I'm pretty sure you'd need to modify it to accomplish this.

danb35

Hall of Famer
With the information you've given, none at all. The forum rules (red link at the top of each page) have a good list of the information that's relevant in troubleshooting problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.