FreeNAS 9.10 to 11 and Plex

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorX

Explorer
Hello,

So I've been putting off upgrading from 9.10 (currently 9.10.2-U6) to 11 for some time, due to the Corral kerfuffle - I have zero interest in downtime and having to recover my NAS (I hold off Windows updates for two weeks for exactly the same reason - that policy has saved my bacon on at least two occasions). Now things are looking nice and stable I'm looking to make the jump, but I have a question about my Plex plugin/jail. Plex is the only plugin and only jail I have running on my FreeNAS box. It was installed as standard Plex, but was recently upgraded with a lifetime PlexPass. Is there anything I need to do/be concerned about with the upgrade?

Also, is the way I'm running Plex ideal? It seemed the simplest/most logical way to set it up at the time, but the fact that it runs several versions behind is slightly annoying.

Thanks,

Trevor

styno

Patron
You should be good to go, but just make a recursive snapshot of your boot & data.

TrevorX

Explorer
You should be good to go, but just make a recursive snapshot of your boot & data.

Thanks styno :smile:

as for keeping it up to date I use https://github.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater - put it into your plex jail, set it up to update plex via cron and you won't run behind, waiting for the Plex plugin to be updated.

Thanks very much for the suggestion ovizii, very much appreciated. Looking into this now.

I updated to 11.0 tonight, all seems to be running fine (other than a few already known bugs which are due to be fixed in 11.1). Happy to report Plex is working fine too.

Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.