FreeNAS 8 nightly snapshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCochran

Contributor
8r7209 vs 8r7166

I know that with 8r7166, apfd will quit unexpectedly during a Time Machine backup. I hope that 8r7209 will show a fix for this behavior. If not I will report it as requested. A friend suggested that the reason why Time Machine won't work on my OX X Lion backups is because the source hard drive has disk errors, and I did check on that. Disk Utility says all is well with the MacBook's hard drive. In addition I am well into a USB-based Time Machine backup to the same destination hard drive (which I removed from the FreeNAS box and put in an external drive enclosure) and it looks like it will be successful, Time Machine is chugging away nicely. So I think my network backup problems are due to apfd quitting unexpectedly after transfers of about 6.53 Gb from the source system. I will file bug reports against 8r7209 if I can reproduce the problem.

On the good side, Time Machine instantly detects a properly configured AFP share on the current nightly backups, so I'm very optimistic that Time Machine backups to such shares can succeed.

BobCochran

Contributor
8r7209 Major Defect For apfd

Filed Ticket 624 against 8r209.

http://support.freenas.org/ticket/624

I will be happy to test any fixes if the ticket is determined to be a valid bug and fixes are made.

Thanks

Bob

andrew0401

Dabbler
Just updated to latest nightly (AMD64 in ESXi environment) and tried to get UPS to work by attaching to our networked APC UPS via SNMP - no luck!

Any clues on recommended params for this?

Andrew

andymemo

Dabbler
Just updated to latest nightly (AMD64 in ESXi environment) and tried to get UPS to work by attaching to our networked APC UPS via SNMP - no luck!

Any clues on recommended params for this?

Andrew

I could be wrong, but I don't think FreeNAS supports a UPS via SNMP, only direct attached (USB or Serial). The SNMP feature in FreeNAS is more for pulling metics out to an external reporting server - like cpu, network, memory usage etc. I do this using Paessler PTRG.

Status
Not open for further replies.