FreeNAS 8.3 Beta 2 Not Detecting eSATA Drive Unless Powered On After FreeNAS Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbddpp

Explorer
I've got a Sans Digital TR4M+BNC eSATA enclosure and port muiltiplier card (Mediasonic ProBox HP1-SS3 PCI-Express 2.0). FreeNAS sees all my internal drives fine but refuses to see the external disk unless I power cycle the enclosure after FreeNAS is running. It then assigns ada6 properly and I can then proceed to add the Volume.

Drive is not there in "view disks" until after I power the enclosure orff and on again, then in the FreeNAS interface, I detach the ZFS volume on it, and auto-import, the volume returns.

PC BIOS sees the card and drive at bootup and reports fine.

I only have the one port muiltiplier card at the moment, but can try another if the devs think that it's my card -- If it's the enclosure's fault that's a bigger problem, I guess...But I'm happy to try any config changes or share the messages log if it might help you get it working! Sort of makes the enclosure not viable if all its data can't be viewed after a reboot.

Thanks for FreeNAS!

B.

I am having an Identical problem using the same port multiplier card, i know this post was like 4 years ago... but did you ever get this working?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Holy crap, this thread is over four years old!

If you'd done a little reading, you'd know that SATA port multipliers are to be avoided at all costs and wouldn't need to revive an ancient thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.