FreeNAS 8.0 kernel trap 12 in VMware 4.0U3

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_nagus

Cadet
Hi,

tried to test FreeNAS 8.0 under VMware both in 64bit and 32bit mode. Immediately after the bootloader the system crashes with a "trap 12" kernel error.

not very encouraging,
Gernot

PS: I am running FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Solaris express 11 without problems.

B

Bohs Hansen

a bit more info on hardware and setup would prolly be needed for anyone to make more of this. You might also want to try the 8.0.1beta3 instead of the release. And keep in mind, the FreeNAS 8 project is still very young.
Another option would be to use the 0.7x instead until 8.x comes further

g_nagus

Cadet
Hello,

well, it is default ESXi guest setup with one CPU and 2GB of memory, nothing fancy about it, Intel GB Adapters and SATA controller. Googling for FreeNAS and kernel trap 12 leaves the impression, that this is no esoteric problem but rather common. Can it be USB-related since FreeNAS has a focus on USB-Stick deployment?

Regards,
Gernot

Alejometal

Dabbler
I had a similar problem with with "trap 12" and cpuid=0 and the solution for me was search disable USB LEGACY SUPPORT ok no disabe, just turn it to "auto", I check with 2 diffent cpu and 2 MB, 4 differents ddr3, freenas 8, 8.01beta1-2-3, and in the end was the: "USB LEGACY SUPPORT".

g_nagus

Cadet
Hello, thanks for your suggestion, sounds promising. Which setting are you referring to? Cannot find USB legacy Support in the vmware guest settings.

Thanks,
Gernot

Status
Not open for further replies.