FreeNAS 8.0.4-Release x64 (10351) dropped spare from RAID Z, stopped emailing reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonkoc

Explorer
As title says, between 8.0.3 x64 and 8.0.4 x64 update via GUI the spare was dropped from the RAID Z. Not that big of an issue as I added it back via ssh cli. It does not, however, show the spare in GUI. It does via cli. I cannot set up a SMART test to ada5 (the spare) as it is not in the list of drives attached to the RAID Z.
Also, after I upgraded to 8.0.4 it stopped sending the daily run outputs. How can I re-enable those. Reports also stopped for my home media server.

Thanks.

Other than that, this is the best ever product.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
The first issue will be addressed in 8.2...

About reports, check Settings -> Email, does the "Send Test Email", works?

yonkoc

Explorer
The first issue will be addressed in 8.2...

About reports, check Settings -> Email, does the "Send Test Email", works?

Thanks, on my home server the setings under the email section were correct but there was no password entered (i think this is the default state anyway). On one of me production servers that used to send me reports the settings were completely gone. Test messages went out on both, will wait till tomorrow to confirm if it is working.

Thanks again, any idea when 8.2 will be out? And by the issue will be fixed do you mean that it will:
A) auto import the volume and preserve the spare when a gui upgrade is performed
B) auto import the volume and detect if the spare was previously part of the volume and add it
C) or simply allow addition of the spare via gui

yonkoc

Explorer
Thanks,

The productions server resumed the reports, but not my personal one. I think the mobo is a bit defective and keep time properly. I have it set up to power on at 5pm and off and 3.15am. These days it starts at 4 something. So... I'll check it.

yonkoc

Explorer
Another thing I noticed, the periodic snapshot settings have disappeared and, naturally, the NAS has stopped running those. Please add this to the 8.2 fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.