FreeNas 8.0.2 Have to reboot every morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

stbeh

Cadet
Hi,

I'm having problem FreeNas 8.0.2

The server config as follows:-
- intel core i3 2100, asus p67 motherboard, ati graphic card, 4 x 2TB Western Digital AV harddisk
- a 2GB pendrive as OS drive
- Freenas 8.0

My company computer have 4 PC - All windows XP, 3 iMac, 1 PowerMac G5

I had facing some problem on Sharing with Mac OS Lion with FreeNas 8.0, thus i upgraded the version to FreeNas 8.0.1.

Now, the FreeNas can be use for the entire day, from 9am to midnight.
After the office close, with all the PC and Mac shut down, FreeNas remain running.

In the morning, all the computer cannot access the FreeNas anymore.
I have to manually restart the FreeNas in order to connect it.

I dont have monitor connect to the FreeNas, thus, i cant see anything happen to it.
I tried to upgrade to 8.0.2, same problem exist.

When i use FreeNas 8.0, no such problem.
And, for this 8.0.2, i use the config saved from 8.0 and reload into it.

ANy clue or guideline for this issue?

louisk

Patron
Without having any information about what the actual problem is, it will be difficult to diagnose and provide a solution.

Are you able to attach a monitor to the machine so you can try to look for some information prior to rebooting?

Durkatlon

Patron
Might want to try a bigger USB stick as well if you have one lying around. I think there've been some issues with sticks that are actually a little bit smaller than they report (not all 2GB are created equal apparently). If you have a 4GB you can try it with, it might be worth it for the quick diagnostic it provides.

stbeh

Cadet
Initially i was using a 4GB stick, during upgrade i change to 2GB stick.
Then i suspect problem from the 2GB stick, now it is running back to 4GB stick already and the same problem still exist.

The weird thing is, every morning after few hours all the other computer shutting down, and cant connect after start up. (no activity for few hours)
I suspect problem come from the BIOS (power state etc), i disable all the setting relating to the power issue. Same problem.

But, during office hour, if the PC or Mac restart, i'm still able to reconnect back to FreeNas without any problem. It only happens after few hours inactivity of the entire network.

louisk

Patron
Can you try pinging the nas? Does that work? Were you able to get a monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.