FreeNAS 11/Windows 10 VM/Blue Iris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
I have seen some older post about running Blue Iris in a Windows VM on previous version of FreeNAS.
I was wondering if any one has it setup and running in a VM setup in FN 11
I currently have a Windows 10 Pro VM setup and running, only I have not entered a product key yet, I didn't want to pay for a key if this wasn't going to work.
I installed Blue Iris, but when I try to run the Blue Iris software I get a blue error screen and Windows restarts.
When I try to run it for the first time it ask for permission to change something and then after I give it permission is when the error screen occurs.
So I'm wondering if it's because I have not entered the product key or if it something related to my setup.
My setup:
Supermicro: CSE-846E16-R1200B
Motherboard: X9DRI-LN4F+
CPU: Intel Xeon E5 2690v1 2.9Ghz x2
Memory: 192GB DDR3 SDRAM ECC (24x8GB)
Disks: 6 x WD Red 2TB Raidz1

Windows 10 Pro VM:
Cores: 4
Memory: 8GB
Disk: 40GB

Frank Huff

Cadet
I played around with a windows 10 VM for 3 weeks or so. It was super buggy.... Have had a lot better luck with win 7 on VM for FN 11.

I have product keys for both.

I know it has nothing to do with Blue iris. Just hoping you can save a few days of your life from being wasted.

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
I guess I'll have to try different versions of windows.
Also can anyone fill me is on how I can change the display size when viewing a VM using VNC? I only get one option of 1024x768

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
well I can't seem to get a Windows 7 VM to install :mad:
Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 6.03.05 PM.png
Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware.

Vrakfall

Dabbler
Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware.
Heh, looks like the same screen I got when trying to install it on a system with a mobo that probably has a faulted disk controller, a few days ago. :p

chris crude

Patron

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
Same issue I had with win7 although win10 and Ubuntu installed without issue.
Yes I also have Ubuntu and Windows 10 VM's installed and running.but having the issue with blue iris crashing windows 10

chris crude

Patron
Yes I also have Ubuntu and Windows 10 VM's installed and running.but having the issue with blue iris crashing windows 10
Did you install the VirtIO NIC driver and change your win10 VM to use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.