FreeNAS-11.3-U5 cannot read 4 x 32gb ECC

kskreider

Dabbler
I am running FreeNAS-11.3-U5 on a Supermicro X10SRi-F. I had 8 x 8TB of space in ZFS2 that ran fine on 64GB of ECC RAM until HDD space filled up. 32gb in A1 and 32gb in B1. I replaced the drives with 8 x 14TB drives and added another 32GB of ECC, the same make/model. The next two sticks went into D1 and C1 respectively.

For a month or so I could see all 128GB of RAM in the FreeNAS dashboard just fine. The other day I glanced and noticed in the dashboard that my RAM said 95.8GB so I figured one of the new sticks had dropped out and I would RMA it.

I took all RAM out and started loading sticks until I had 3 in and knew that one of the final two would be the bad stick. A1, B1, and D1 got me to the 95.8GB so I took out D1 and swapped the stick. The dashboard still read 95.8GB.

I put the 4th stick into C1 and it still read 95.8gb so I swapped D1 and C1, still 95.8GB. I just pulled RAM out of D1 and C1 and put them into C2 and D2 and the board doesn't see them at all and shows 63.8GB RAM.

I just popped them back into D1 and C1 and opened up my IPMI Server Health | Sensor Readings and can see no temp reading on C1. Prior to doing this, I had come to the conclusion that my C1 RAM slot is bad.

Do others concur or have anything else they think that I should try? Can I put all four in A1, A2, B1, B2 and just take a RAM performance hit? The only other thing that I have done lately updated the BIOS to the latest build which is 3.4.