FreeNAS 11.3 ISO does not fit on CD-R

Gasha

Dabbler
Hi All,
My FreeNAS USB boot has errors, so I wanted to install 11.3 on new USB stick. However, Nero reported that ISO image can mot fit on CD-R!
I can not burn ISO image, it is too big! I can not believe that FreeNAS people released image that is bigger than CD-R, so what can be wrong?
Do I need some special software to burn ISO image?
Thank you.
Gasha

Attachments

• FN_ISO_Error.JPG
    FN_ISO_Error.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 267

Gasha

Dabbler
My bad! Nero defaulted to CD-R and when I used DVD+R, it said that t must be CD-R, but I got confused and thought that the image is for CD-R. I changed Nero disk type to DVD+R and it worked. Thank you.

KACMAG

Cadet
Hi, I have problem with installation FreeNAS from DVD. Several times I have installing it from CD and it was ok, but know, when we have to use DVD (because of size of 11.3-U1.iso) it can't boot from it. My motherboard said it can't load kernel, as you can see on the image. I was trying to burn it again and again but it's still the same (i use ImgBurn).
What should i do?
Thank you

My Setup:
Motherboard: Gigabyte ma770t ud3 with latest BIOS
Optical disk drive: compatible with DVD

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 246
  • Photo2.jpg
    Photo2.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 249

KACMAG

Cadet
Hi, I have problem with installation FreeNAS from DVD. Several times I have installing it from CD and it was ok, but know, when we have to use DVD (because of size of 11.3-U1.iso) it can't boot from it. My motherboard said it can't load kernel, as you can see on the image. I was trying to burn it again and again but it's still the same (i use ImgBurn).
What should i do?
Thank you

My Setup:
Motherboard: Gigabyte ma770t ud3 with latest BIOS
Optical disk drive: compatible with DVD

EDIT: I burned FreeNAS 11.1-U7.iso on DVD and it worked, so it is not problem with DVD. Maybe 11.3-U1.iso is broken? I tried download it again from official site "https://www.freenas.org/download-freenas-release/" and it is still having the same problem.