FreeNAS 11.1 u1 on supermicro hardware status: 416

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwestin

Cadet
Hi!

I just received my brand new Supermicro X10DRH with 12 6TB drives. I also have 2 boot drives which are mirrored.
So I downloaded and installed FreeNAS 11.1 u1.
After booting the brand new installed system i am faced with a lot of errors in the gui.
if i go into storage im greeted by this:
"unable to load /api/v1.0/storage/volume/?parent=null status: 416"
if i go into sharing i get this
"unable to load /api/v1.0/sharing/afp/?parent=null status: 416"
almost all choices i can make display this error.

So I just reinstalled the box. Then the error was gone. I setup a test volume and test share. Then forgot about the server for a few days (had more important stuff to do).
When I got back to it today the error was back again. Rebooted it several times without any luck. Noticed an update to u2. Installed that and rebooted. Did not solve the problem.
So i reinstalled again and same problem. reinstalled with u1 and u2 and the problem seems to stick now.

Can someone please help me? I googled like crazy today without any luck except something with browser problems. I tried chrome, IE and edge with the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

bwestin

Cadet
Update:

Today i asked some of my collegues if they could help me troubleshoot this problem. And to my big suprise it worked for all of them, regardless of browsers. So there is something in my client that doesnt roll with the freenas webgui (regardless of browser). So i dont think this is a freenas problem but something wierd with my client.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Your colleagues successfully used the same server's GUI?

I'm not sure what to make of that... Anything unusual about your client environment? Maybe some weird browser extensions?

bwestin

Cadet
Yes they did. And it works on all other clients i have tried for now so there is something strange with my machine.
Well how can it be an extension? it doesn't work in IE, edge or google chrome? I also disabled my AV to test if there was something there, but no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.