Free LSI 9260-16i

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffprandall

Dabbler
I just received a hand me down server with a Xeon 1230v2 and 32GB RAM but the Chenbro 12 bay chassis connects with SFF-8087 connectors to an LSI 9260-16i. I know this card is not recommended but I would love to put this server to use as an iSCSi target for VMWare. Any thoughts? Other than just install *nix and make iSCSi targets?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I would run it up and put it under some stress testing... assuming it gets that far, you're probably good to use it.

Don't forget to think about SLOG if you're going to do VMware.

Ender117

Patron
It's a raid card with onboard cache, better not use it with ZFS

sretalla