Forum reorganization for Corral

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing this is already in the works, so this thread is as much to get confirmation as it is to make a suggestion but I think we need separate sub-forums to deal with the influx (that's sure to only increase) of threads regarding Bhyve and Docker (especially).

I was also thinking (and perhaps getting ahead of myself) that said sub-forums could have a sticky thread, that contains links to the various forum thread guides for specific Dockers or operating systems in Bhyve.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Thanks for helping me realize I need to break word for word wrap on fuzz-worthy long names.

As for the Bhyve/Docker sub-forums etc, there is already some mention and minor discussion about reorganizing the forums, including Byhve/Docker areas. I am not aware of any "go ahead" for such changes, or any actual work toward them as yet.

Thanks for helping me realize I need to break word for word wrap on fuzz-worthy long names.

What does "fuzz-worthy" mean?

As for the Bhyve/Docker sub-forums etc, there is already some mention and minor discussion about reorganizing the forums, including Byhve/Docker areas. I am not aware of any "go ahead" for such changes, or any actual work toward them as yet.

I'm not really surprised that there's been no actual work as of yet, what with the dreaded threat of the Clamato beer hanging your heads, I'm sure all your energies and hard work have been focused on Corral. Still, it's good to hear that it's being discussed.

pitt1717

Explorer
Not sure how others feel, but I think its time to start splitting corral up into smaller forums as it seems that the general forum is becoming a mash of too many different types of issues and is hard to follow. Maybe it should be split up into the following:

Corral -|
| General
| Storage
| Services
| Networking
| Docker/VM
| testing (should be kept for nightlies)
| documentation (eventually should go away and use wiki)

nojohnny101

Wizard
I agree. There are a lot of people testing and posting issues about Corral (a good thing!) but a little more organization could go a long way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
This subject is being discussed by the forum team.

Moved to the appropriate section.

Status
Not open for further replies.