Forum NS problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender117

Patron
Not sure if it's the right section to post, but——has anyone have problem resolve the forum's IP address? Once in a while I would get a non-exist domain response for forums.freenas.org. The problem usually got resolved itself some time later. Might not be a big deal but kind of annoying. I run my own resolver at home so it should go from the root server to the authoritative NS for the FQDN, which should be pretty reliable.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
No troubles at all here in recent memory.

kdragon75

Wizard
I get that from time to time too. I'm using level3 DNS

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I get that from time to time too. I'm using level3 DNS

"Well thar's yer problem." (3) has ceased to exist and is now CenturyLink. :smile:

Anyways, yes there are occasionally problems resolving freenas.org. It isn't clear what the problem is, but if you notice it, you could try seeing what the reachability to ns1.ixsystems.com and ns2.ixsystems.com is like -- and if they are answering for "forums.freenas.org." I haven't caught this happening at a time I'm bored enough to investigate.

kdragon75

Wizard
"Well thar's yer problem." (3) has ceased to exist and is now CenturyLink. :)

Anyways, yes there are occasionally problems resolving freenas.org. It isn't clear what the problem is, but if you notice it, you could try seeing what the reachability to ns1.ixsystems.com and ns2.ixsystems.com is like -- and if they are answering for "forums.freenas.org." I haven't caught this happening at a time I'm bored enough to investigate.
Yeah Centurylink.. I tried signing up for there service and canceled the same day it activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.