FN8 Release on Intel SS4200 using DOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinDaddyKev

Dabbler
Has anyone successfully run FN8 Release using the DOM on an Intel SS4200 hardware. I purchased a 2GB Trenscend DOM for this purchase knowing that FN8 requires at least 1GB but mine would just continually reboot. I was able to get it to run using the USB port but wanted to use the DOM. Guess I'll have to buy a mini usb card reader and run it that way for now since FN8 can shutdown the Intel SS4200 properly unlike FN7.

stalkerama

Cadet
I was able to get FN8 RC4 running on kingston 4GB compactflash card and adapter similar to this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822998002
the trick is that SS4200 Won't boot with WD hdd as master (WD20EARS). Replaced 1st master with samsung HD204UI and it was working fine, until today i installed new version FreeNAS-8.0.1-BETA4. it Won't boot the same way like WD. I have to look for another hdd :/

TwinDaddyKev

Dabbler
I heard that people was able to boot it via FDD DOM or a CF card adapter similar to yours on the RC releases. But when FN8 Release and FN8.0.1 Beta4, the device would not boot even though the boot order has been changed to boot from the DOM/CF adapter. I was able to boot using the USB drive but I don't want anything sticking out on the back. Sure I could buy a mini card reader and boot it that way. I also test that FN8 is able to shutdown properly with USB enable unlike FN7 where it won't shutdown properly. Keeping my eyes open to see if anyone got it working properly.

FredS7

Cadet
I was able to boot using the USB drive but I don't want anything sticking out on the back.

I don't like stuff sticking out of the back of my RAID either but I found some USB drives that are very small - HP v165w series. I've been using these for my FreeNAS installs and I actually like not having to take the machine apart - I had to do that when FreeNAS went from 1GB to 2GB with Beta 3 so I switched the to HP v165w 4GB USB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.