First FreeNAS Build/Acronis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Onion

Dabbler
Good morning/afternoon/evening as appropriate.

Having many left over bits and bobs I have assembled them into a FreeNAS which is up and running well (once I got the permissions sorted) but I am having a problem with Acronis 2014.

From what I have read on here Acronis can be used with FreeNAS, but I can not make Acronis 'see' the NAS in its backup screen. Obviously I am doing something wrong, but what and where?

image post

Please bear in mind that while I am fairly competent with computers, HTML, PHP etc, this is my first attempt at building a NAS

TiA

Mr Onion

Dabbler
OK, I finally figured it out. Create a FTP, allow the FTP, connect on the address and backup.

One more question though about the ip address. When I set up the server it was allocated 192.168.0.7 but today it has moved to 192.168.0.5

What has happened and how can I prevent it happening again?

danb35

Hall of Famer
What has happened and how can I prevent it happening again?
Most likely you haven't manually configured an IP address for your server, so it's grabbing whatever IP address your router hands out. You'll want to either set up your router to always issue the same IP address to your server, or configure your server to have a static IP address. Take a look at the following for more detail:
https://www.familybrown.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=fester:prelim_modemrouter
https://www.familybrown.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=fester:staticip

hervon

Patron
I had a similar problem : Acronis booted with USB not seeing FreeNAS. I solved it by writing manually the freenas address (in my case '\\freenas' in the file name path then the rest of the path would appear. No need for ftp in my case. Only CIFS.

Last edited:

Mr Onion

Dabbler
Thanks Dan, I'll read and inwardly digest.

I'll check that out Hervon, see if it works better for me that way

Status
Not open for further replies.