Finding liked posts on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

Dabbler
There were a few useful threads that I clicked like a long time ago thinking I can come back to them later for reference. Is there a way to show a list of liked posts? I can't seem to find that in the account page, only Likes You've Received.

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
You can't find the threads you've liked. But the feature to do what you want is more or less the "watch" link (top right), you can then click on the "Watched Threads" button (top center left) to see the list of all the threads you've watched ;)

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
You can't find the threads you've liked.
That's ridiculous. Is that a Xenforo thing? Or do we have the forum misconfigured somehow to not allow that?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's ridiculous. Is that a Xenforo thing? Or do we have the forum misconfigured somehow to not allow that?
You can't like threads, only messages, so it's vaguely understandable.

I think it's a XeonForo thing.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
A "like thread" option would be great. Watched threads tend to not mean much after you've participated in a few thousand.

By the way, new users are definitely going to be left wondering how I apparently have an average of 3+ likes per post and how I'd participated in thousands of threads with only a couple hundred posts. Thanks for messing up my post count, XenForo!

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
By the way, new users are definitely going to be left wondering how I apparently have an average of 3+ likes per post and how I'd participated in thousands of threads with only a couple hundred posts. Thanks for messing up my post count, XenForo!
Nah. You are just THAT good!!

Gavin

Dabbler
You can't find the threads you've liked. But the feature to do what you want is more or less the "watch" link (top right), you can then click on the "Watched Threads" button (top center left) to see the list of all the threads you've watched ;)

I guess I could do that now. I didn't want my watched threads to be cluttered with stuff. I thought if you could like a post, there would've been a way to list them.

gpsguy

IIRC, it happened to cyberjock at one point. I *thought* there was a backend option to update the count.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
IIRC, it happened to cyberjock at one point. I *thought* there was a backend option to update the count.

There is. Cyberjock reduced his post count in revenge for something he and I were taunting him about, or at least that's what I believe.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
There is. Cyberjock reduced his post count in revenge for something he and I were taunting him about, or at least that's what I believe.
It could also be insanely crazy timing on the part of XenForo, mixed with some slight obliviousness of ours.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Some of us still remember Cyberjock back when he was a noob... :smile:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
"nub", "nubcake", "nubsauce" are variations of "noob", implying that the person doesn't have the necessary mental agility to ever exit from the "newb" state.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
But he doesn't post as much as he used to. For a long time he was as prolific as a spider monkey on amphetamines.
Well, I think he's working like 60 hours a week now for ixSystems. So his ability to post with the same fecundity has been attenuated substantially.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah, my original name was "noobsauce". I had no intention of "getting involved" with the project. FreeNAS has been my first forte into open source, NAS software, BSD, forum regular and probably more that I can't think of.
As for the post count, you can tell Xenforo to rebuild the index of message counts. So anytime some admin changes your post count, it's really only temporary. Anytime someone rebuilds the post index you get the correct count again. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.