[Feature Request] Add Support for Apcupsd

vzool

Cadet
Hi, I tried to add apcupsd by myself, and it does working great with just "SNMP protocol" which is a universal and easy to configure for all UPS Network environment. However, every time I installed it and do reboot, it does cleared and gone away every single time.
I did search online I knew it was a "RAM Disk".
So, can you add another UPS support for "apcupsd"?
Thanks

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
That's a good candidate for a Suggestion ticket. Once a ticket gets 10 votes, we then put it into review phase and see if it can come into the product schedule. You can make that request here: https://jira.ixsystems.com

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
You can configure our UPS service to communicate over SNMP. Just select the relevant SNMP "driver" in the GUI and fill out hostname information.

vzool

Cadet
Sorry for the late response. it was two days weekend. :smile:
You can configure our UPS service to communicate over SNMP.
No, I can't.
Current FreeNAS UPS is using NUT protocol only and most of the UPS attached Network protocols are using SNMP.
Just select the relevant SNMP "driver" in the GUI and fill out hostname information.
This is called "Slave" and should looking for "Master" in NUT protocol not SNMP. :rolleyes:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Sorry for the late response. it was two days weekend. :smile:

No, I can't.
Current FreeNAS UPS is using NUT protocol only and most of the UPS attached Network protocols are using SNMP.

This is called "Slave" and should looking for "Master" in NUT protocol not SNMP. :rolleyes:
When an SNMP driver is selected, enter the IP address or hostname of the SNMP UPS device.
Example driver is "APC ups 3 Smart-UPS RT XL AP9618 SNMP monitoring card (snmp-ups)".
See here: https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/snmp-ups.html

vzool

Cadet

Example driver is "APC ups 3 Smart-UPS RT XL AP9618 SNMP monitoring card (snmp-ups)".
See here: https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/snmp-ups.html

Great, it does working now while our UPS is "Emerson Network Power Liebert GTX-6000RT230".
The Server can now sense the absence of the electricity and it executed a safe shutdown.
Here are some configurations for the community in the future:

Auxiliary Parameters (ups.conf):
Code:
community = public
snmp_version = v1
desc="Emerson Network Power Liebert GTX-6000RT230"
pollfreq = 15

Thanks for help, Peace :smile:

Mark Morati

Cadet
I have an APC UPS that has only usb connection. It works great on other Linux systems and also pfsense (freebsd). It would have been great if there was apcupsd on the server, either with direct connection or remote (for instance from the pfsense box). I had great trouble with nut, does anybody have a working example? Thank you.