Feature #6285 - Implemented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X7JAY7X

Dabbler
I am trying to figure out if feature #6285 (Native Fiber Channel Support) is implemented. I just did an update (FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201509282017) of my FreeNAS box the other night and this feature was one of the ones on the list to be installed. If I go to the feature page it says its resolved but I am not sure it is. From the feature page it sounds like there should be GUI in the form of another tab for FC support in the block (iSCSI) section as well as other options but I dont see it.

Feature page: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/6285

Can anyone tell me if this feature is implemented in 9.3?

Thanks
Jason

D

dlavigne

For FreeNAS, the backend driver support is implemented but there are no changes to the GUI. The GUI changes only appear for TrueNAS customers who have purchased a Fibre Channel license.

renderman

Cadet
For FreeNAS, the backend driver support is implemented but there are no changes to the GUI. The GUI changes only appear for TrueNAS customers who have purchased a Fibre Channel license.
Any explanation for this feature not being in the community edition? Any plans to add it down the road? With the plethora of 4gb and other FC cards coming on the used market, us home power users want to take advantage.

m0nkey_

MVP
Yes, it's implemented in FreeNAS but there is no GUI. The GUI is only available in TrueNAS. I did implement fibre channel using a QLogic card at the office with FreeNAS 9.3, it appears to be working just fine. There is a number of tuneables and init stuff you need to do in order to make it work. There was a post on the forum, but I can't find it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.