Failure to import disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Hughes

Dabbler
Hi all,

I've just setup a new FreeNAS install and setup my pool as a 6 disk RAID Z2.
I've got a few Tb of data on a 4Tb WD Red drive formatted in NTFS that I'm trying to import the data from into the pool using the import disk option in the web GUI.
This starts working fine but then about 2/3 of the way through it throws and error and fails.

The message I get is:
Import of Volume /dev/da6p2 Failed.
Reason invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'o-'

I've tried this twice and got the same message.
Has anyone else come across this before or know whats going on here?
Hoping there is something silly I've done (or not done).

Thanks
----------------------------
System specs are:
FreeNAS 9.3 STABLE
Xeon x3430 @2.40GHz
Supermicro X9SLI -F
16GB Crucial ECC registered RAM
IBM 1015M flashed to LSI 9211 IT mode

Let me know what other info you might need if any.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
I'm trying to import the data from into the pool using the import disk option in the web GUI.
This starts working fine but then about 2/3 of the way through it throws and error and fails.
A lot of people seem to run into trouble with this. While it should work as advertised, the fact that it often doesn't suggests you might be better off connecting your NTFS drive to a client machine and transferring the data over the network. Yes, it will be slower, but it's a one-time operation.

Max Hughes

Dabbler
Thanks, Its now transferring across the network now. Unfortunately I had to attach it via usb2 adapter so may take some time, but looking forward to getting the system up and running finally.

danielm

Cadet
Ok but I don't understand why have a feature in the menu but not function, my problem is the import start, but after few second or minute stop without any error on the dashboard.
Has anyone got the same error ?
My usb dsik it's a WD 2TB and freenas 9.3

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Ok but I don't understand why have a feature in the menu but not function, my problem is the import start, but after few second or minute stop without any error on the dashboard.
Has anyone got the same error ?
My usb dsik it's a WD 2TB and freenas 9.3

Supporting all thr various things in a filesystem like NTFS can be tricky, and I seem to recall the FreeBSD NTFS implementation has some caveats. It works for many uses. It fails for some. It's still nice to have because it is very convenient for the large number of cases where it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.