Failed to check for alert ZpoolCapacity

crk1918

Dabbler
I got a critical alert after a reboot, I checked the pool health and it is good. but it does take a long time to do 'Initializing Apps Service' for the APPs.

Is this anything I should worry about?

Failed to check for alert ZpoolCapacity: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/alert.py", line 808, in __run_source alerts = (await alert_source.check()) or [] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/alert/source/zpool_capacity.py", line 48, in check for pool in await self.middleware.call("zfs.pool.query"): ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1399, in call return await self._call( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1350, in _call return await self._call_worker(name, *prepared_call.args) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1356, in _call_worker return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1267, in run_in_proc return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1251, in run_in_executor return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs)) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ concurrent.futures.process.BrokenProcessPool: A process in the process pool was terminated abruptly while the future was running or pending.​

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Hi,

It seems the middleware process died but only by this traceback its impossible to guess why.
Could be because it was killed due to memory constraints, a hardware fault (e.g. bad memory) or just a software bug.

If you can reproduce it please file a ticket after verifying the your hardware is healthy and not running out of memory.

crk1918

Dabbler
Hi,

It seems the middleware process died but only by this traceback its impossible to guess why.
Could be because it was killed due to memory constraints, a hardware fault (e.g. bad memory) or just a software bug.

If you can reproduce it please file a ticket after verifying the your hardware is healthy and not running out of memory.
Only happened twice for me, it usually happened when it reboot. I have 24 GB memory and so far no memory issue.